Raise your hands high if you are in favor of this decadent treat ✋🏾This yummy morsel is jam packed with my boys’ favorite things!
🍌Fresh Ripe Bananas
Combined together it was a no brainer that we would have a solid treat that the family would love! Do you want to hear the best part??? It’s super easy to make and with a well seasoned cast iron skillet, no need to worry about your dessert feeding the pan instead of you 🤷🏽♀️ it comes out clean no parchment paper needed 🤤
My second favorite part about this is optional but I highly recommend the Speculoos Drizzle on top!
I’m a simple girl and it doesn’t take too much to satisfy me! So without further adieu checkout this super yummy recipe. 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
If you try out any of my recipes be sure to tag me and use the hashtag #measuredinmelanin because I measure in melanin so you don’t have to 😉🖤👩🏾🍳
Be sure to subscribe to stay up to date on all iamcryscarey.com updates and news. ✌🏾
In my world an amazing Gyro is like the power meal I wish I could eat daily. Did you know that it’s actually pronounced “Year•Oh“ ?? This recipe is one of the most fun recipes I’ve ever made! This summer I’m leaning into the sauces! This will be a Saucy Girl summer 🔥🤤 Lit… lit.
Fresh Herbs and spices are the star in this recipe! Aromatic herbs such as dill & oregano. Spices like cinnamon & cumin make an amazing marinade for this jackfruit chicken filling.
JACKFRUIT Chik’n (for best flavour, marinade overnight)
1. Drain the jackfruit. Squeeze excess water off and separate with your hands. Chop the firm end pieces into the mixture.
3. Heat up olive oil in a medium pan I use my Always Pan. Add diced red onion sauté until softened, translucent and lightly carmelized. Add chopped garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant.
5. Add majority of the spices: cloves, cinnamon,chicken•less seasoning ,cumin, and oregano to the sautéed onions and garlic.
6. Mix in the tomato paste.
8. Now add in the prepared jackfruit along with soy sauce, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Mix everything extremely well. Last add the white pepper and some salt to taste. Simmer the mixture for another 10-15 minutes and then allow it to cool down. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet in the fridge overnight to intensify the flavour. ( Do Not Skip)
9. Just before you are ready to assemble your gyros, set the oven to Broil (Hi). Cook for about 20-25 minutes, until a little caramelized and browned around the edges.
Assembling the gyros is super easy! Just add in tomato wedges, fresh cucumbers, red onion, fresh dill, lettuce, and lots of plant-Based Tzatziki sauce. I used warmed pitas 🥙
I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe! It’s definitely a must try.
As a home based chef I look forward to learning about flavors and playing in all kinds of herbs & spices. I consider myself a self-proclaimed flavorologist. My friends over at The Zen of Slow Cooking have all the goodies on deck! I made two amazing and fun recipes with the Southwest Fiesta Multicooker blend. Here’s my thought’s …
Slow cooker recipes are perfect for the weeknight meals we need to be quick but pack a huge punch on the flavor meter, because we are not eating anything bland at the Carey household! 🤷🏽♀️
Easy Peasy weeknight meals are a snap with My Zen of slow cooking easy and ready to go spice blends . These ready to go flavor packs are perfect for a no fuss weeknight meal ♥️As a busy mom I appreciate these ready to go ideas. I made a plant-based slow-cooker chili and my family really enjoyed this one. Chili is a meal you can throw together fairly easily and it’s super yummy and customizable.
Did you know that Cilantro Stems have just as much flavor as their leaves? Well now you do, and we’re throwing them all in the slow cooker! Once they’ve cooked down, you can’t even see that they’re there, but you sure can taste their yummy flavor. I’ve also always added fire roasted tomatoes in lieu of tomato paste. So this recipe is no different.
The last and most definitely not least favorite part of chili is the toppings! I mean c’mon we all know the chili is all about the toppings. What are your favorites? Mine are plant-based cheese, plant-based sour cream, and fresh cilantro with a squeeze of lime.
Let’s gather our ingredients . Checkout what you will need below for this simple recipe.
The spice packet was a great compliment to the chili and I didn’t have to measure out chili powder, cumin, etc. To make the perfect chili! Want to know the best part about chili??? Leftovers
Tips & Tricks
• Be sure to chop your veggies small and uniform! This aides in cooking evenly.
•Be sure to stir everything well and do not drain the beans or the tomatoes.