Raise your hands high if you are in favor of this decadent treat ✋🏾This yummy morsel is jam packed with my boys’ favorite things!
🍌Fresh Ripe Bananas
Combined together it was a no brainer that we would have a solid treat that the family would love! Do you want to hear the best part??? It’s super easy to make and with a well seasoned cast iron skillet, no need to worry about your dessert feeding the pan instead of you 🤷🏽♀️ it comes out clean no parchment paper needed 🤤
My second favorite part about this is optional but I highly recommend the Speculoos Drizzle on top!
I’m a simple girl and it doesn’t take too much to satisfy me! So without further adieu checkout this super yummy recipe. 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
If you try out any of my recipes be sure to tag me and use the hashtag #measuredinmelanin because I measure in melanin so you don’t have to 😉🖤👩🏾🍳
Be sure to subscribe to stay up to date on all iamcryscarey.com updates and news. ✌🏾
In my world an amazing Gyro is like the power meal I wish I could eat daily. Did you know that it’s actually pronounced “Year•Oh“ ?? This recipe is one of the most fun recipes I’ve ever made! This summer I’m leaning into the sauces! This will be a Saucy Girl summer 🔥🤤 Lit… lit.
Fresh Herbs and spices are the star in this recipe! Aromatic herbs such as dill & oregano. Spices like cinnamon & cumin make an amazing marinade for this jackfruit chicken filling.
JACKFRUIT Chik’n (for best flavour, marinade overnight)
1. Drain the jackfruit. Squeeze excess water off and separate with your hands. Chop the firm end pieces into the mixture.
3. Heat up olive oil in a medium pan I use my Always Pan. Add diced red onion sauté until softened, translucent and lightly carmelized. Add chopped garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant.
5. Add majority of the spices: cloves, cinnamon,chicken•less seasoning ,cumin, and oregano to the sautéed onions and garlic.
6. Mix in the tomato paste.
8. Now add in the prepared jackfruit along with soy sauce, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Mix everything extremely well. Last add the white pepper and some salt to taste. Simmer the mixture for another 10-15 minutes and then allow it to cool down. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet in the fridge overnight to intensify the flavour. ( Do Not Skip)
9. Just before you are ready to assemble your gyros, set the oven to Broil (Hi). Cook for about 20-25 minutes, until a little caramelized and browned around the edges.
Assembling the gyros is super easy! Just add in tomato wedges, fresh cucumbers, red onion, fresh dill, lettuce, and lots of plant-Based Tzatziki sauce. I used warmed pitas 🥙
I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe! It’s definitely a must try.
Today in honor of National meatball Day I’m sharing my Amaze•Balls recipe for Lentil Meatballs! These yummy morsels come together in 30 minutes with less than 10 ingredients and I promise you, no crazy ingredients like unicorn milk 🦄 🥛
With these simple Whole Food Plant-Based ingredients you can have a yummy “meatless” balls great with your favorite pasta or pasta substitute like carrot or zucchini noodles 🤤
The secret to this yummy recipe is the Nola creole spices lentils created with Chef Gone Mad Creole Smokehouse & Cajun Nola for a little heat 🔥You know what they say if you can’t stand the heat 👩🏾🍳 “Stay out the kitchen”
The second part of this recipe that yields a meaty and flavorful ball is not over pulsing the mix so there are some chunks left but not large chunks. Also taste testing your mixture is a secret to assuring it’s high on the flavor meter.
These meatballs pack an awesome 10 mg of protein per 4 meatballs and the recipe yields 12 meatballs. So when they ask you where you get your protein you can say “I pack it in my balls” 🤣🤷🏽♀️
Let me know what you guys think about this super awesome recipe! It’s a super tasty, fun and easy weeknight meal.
Ways to celebrate National Meatball Day:
•Make some meatballs 👌🏾
•Make a meatball sub! These are tasty in a sub too btw 😋
• Throw an Amaze•Balls party! Tons of meatless balls and dipping sauces 😚 YES PLEASE!
• Singing: On top of Spaghetti all covered with cheese 🧀 is always a good idea! Tradition never dies.
Whatever you do today to celebrate be sure to have fun and allow the food to connect you to friends and family. My boys love meatballs, and they satisfy even the pickiest eaters!
So unless you are living under a rock then I’m certain that you have seen or heard about the viral feta pasta that is sweeping the Internet. I actually created a Tiktok Here. This pasta is legit one of the best things since sliced bread 🍞 and ironically it tasted amazing with sliced baguettes 🥖🤷🏽♀️
My recipe utilizes store bought vegan feta cheese which is absolutely amazing and very identical in flavor and texture to traditional Feta! An easy weeknight meal that will have you legit licking your bowl.
One thing for sure two things for certain. This pasta is definitely a crowd pleaser for kids and adults alike. It’s cheesy tangy flavor gives cheese pizza pasta vibes. Which is right up my kids alley! Because I mean kids love pizza! Mine have never met a pizza they didn’t like.
So I did a recipe guide that features this super yummy weeknight & kid friendly meal! 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
I must pay homage to the original creator of the viral feta pasta. It did not just start with the viral tiktok video. The pasta actually originated in 2019 on Grilled Cheese Socials website.
My recipe actually is nut free & dairy free. Give it a try today and let me know what you think!
-Crys🖤 (Always Measured in Melanin so you don’t have to!)